Tuesday, May 27, 2014

We FINALLY MET!!

Back in March of 2012, when I purchased my APQS Longarm machine, I joined a few groups online and met TONS AND TONS of amazing people who have, still do and always will provide me inspiration to push the limits and try something new or different or hard for me.  Those people have become INVALUABLE to me since then.

 Perhaps nobody I have met online has been this inspiration more than Maddie Kertay.  She provides me just the right amount of BadAss and inspiration rolled into one.  I have learned from her that it really is okay to break the rules ( I had always been doing it but I also made excuses for my rule breaking to people.....) and that although I am young, and spunky, and a bit on the wild side, there is a place for me here in the quilt world and I dont have to try and fit into a mold I will just never be.......

Just after I met Maddie online she began a group on Facebook  THE BADASS QUILTERS SOCIETY https://www.facebook.com/BadAssQuiltersSociety after getting fed up with people getting bent out of shape over her way of doing quilty things..... I have never really asked her, but I suspect she didn't on that day believe it would become what it has grown into.  Anyway, I joined that group right away, it seemed like a place I would fit in.......and I was right!

Maddie and I have talked often, two of my quilts hand in her store SPOOL http://www.spoolquilt.com/ in Chattanooga, and she has helped me figure a few things out along the way, but we have never been in the same place to meet face to face, UNTIL market.  I got my first hug from her on Friday night just before sample spree but whew, what a crowd that is so we didn't get a photo......then she had a bit TOO MUCH fun on the market floor Friday and ended up confined to her hotel after a low blood sugar issue and I was afraid I would miss her....... LUCKILY she was feeling better, although not herself Saturday and I was able to get another hug and this time a photo......
I am SO glad we finally got to meet!! This beauty next to me is Maddie Kertay and I am over the moon excited we have FINALLY gotten to meet!..This made my trip to market complete!!

Thanks for being you Maddie and providing those of us who needed it, with just a bit of inspiration to let our BadAss side show, I wear my pin proudly!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment