Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Beginning Machine Quilting at O'Susannah's Quilts

This past Saturday I was "home" to teach some Machine Quilting classes.  I think of O'Susannah Quilts and gifts in Watkins Glen as home because I started teaching there.  I just love this shop!!  Sue and her crew always make me feel at home and the students are awesome!!  It is now entering into my FAVORITE time of year to Visit the Glen so I just love to drive there!!  On the way I passed so many Amish/Mennonite farmers preparing their fields for planting and the views of the wineries are so pretty.  ( I didn't take any photos on the way down cause its really not safe to drive and snap pictures......)  Anyway on to the machine quilitng classes.

These ladies were SURE they wouldn't be able to quilt the designs I have in the packets when we began (this happens each time), I asked them to give them all a try and have faith in me and we would work miracles...... I was right of course!



They sure did AWESOME with the straight lines and I think they even enjoyed themselves.....


Somehow we got talking about barbed wire..... it ended up in me teaching them how to quilt barbed wire ( a little bonus design I guess)

Then we moved into circles and curves....everyone was certain we should have had a bit of wine with lunch and that they wouldn't be able to rock these designs but again...... they did AWESOME!!




Many decided to come back and take some more classes so they must have had fun!!  If you were in class please stop on over to my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/yellowhousequilts and post some photos of your practice or your quilted pieces I would LOVE to see them!!

If you are interested in more classes skip on over to the calendar at O'Susannah's page and check out what is coming soon.  http://www.osusannahsquiltshop.com/module/events.htm?month=5&year=2014 I will be doing a class called Quilt Whispering on May 14th that is going to be SEW much fun!  You bring your unquilted tops and we will walk thru some ideas for options to quilt them.  I will help you understand the "process" I go thru to choose quilting designs so you can enhance your quilts with the finishing touches as well!!  Join me??

On the way  home I chased a rainstorm the whole way.  I never drove in any rain, just wet roads and I followed this beauty.  I haven't had to chance to enjoy a rainbow quite this bright in a very long time and it lasted for at least a half hour maybe more......

I think it was LUCKY!!  and it was a PERFECT way to end a PERFECT day!!

Happy Quilting!
Mandy



No comments:

Post a Comment