Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Market Floor!

   Friday and Saturday were market floor days for me and the rest of the crew....... I was really excited that morning and then I walked up to the overlook and got a look at what it really was.....HOLY COW!!  That is a LOT to take in!! 
There are booths as far as you can see in BOTH directions!!
I didn't even know where to start!  Thank Goodness I had Margaret with me, she just said follow me, and I did my BEST to keep up, LOL We started on one end of the room and slowly moved our way across the entire floor.  It took us the ENTIRE DAY.  I was afraid my brain was going to be in overload but I really did better than I thought I would.  I took LOTS of notes, got a hug or 2 from some facebook friends
Selfie with Teri Lukas from Gen Q magazine!!
and saw some amazing things!! Since I was working with the girls from O'Susannah's Quilts http://www.osusannahsquiltshop.com/ After the first day we went back to our room and had a strategy session...... we made a plan for Saturday and talked about ALL we liked and wanted each other to check out on Saturday.  We made a list and Saturday we each tackled our to-do list...... Since it was the second time around the floor I took photos of my favorite things, or stuff that caught my eye while I was checking things off my list. 
I LOVED the color in this booth!!   BATAVIAN BATIKS. That quilt in the background which reminds me of a heartbeat on a monitor in EMS, is called sound waves!!

I wish I could remember this lines name, but it had paintbrushes that spread the color around and it was really fun!

AMERICAN MADE BRAND- this booth had so much AMAZING color!!

I loved the flowers......and I am not usually a flowery girl.....( I am unfortunately not sure who's booth this one is)

It is apparently the year of the deer, as there are a number of REALLY cute lines coming out with deer, this one is EMILY MERRICK's line RUSTIQUE

PRAIRIE GRASS-I am a sucker for rainbow colors!

This hanging thing was AWESOME!!!! 
EDITA SITAR'S quilts from her new book.... although not bright and bold all of her creations steal my heart and attention!!

ANGELS WALTER'S new Art Gallery fabric line Athena.... I watched her quilt that dress fabric on Instagram and wondered what it would become......STUNNING!!
WINGED by BONNIE CHRISTINE- this line caught my eye even before Margaret and the colors are WAY out of my norm, her little son napped under that butterfly quilt for most of market!
I truly had a wonderful time and I cannot thank Sue and the girls enough for letting me travel along with them!!  When we returned home we had a bit of champagne to celebrate!!  CHEERS!!!!

Cheers from the O'Susannah's Crew
Look at all the STUFF I brought home with me!!

the STUFF I brought home...LOOT, books brochures and THREAD samples from my favorite Guys, Fil-Tec!!

No comments:

Post a Comment