Saturday, April 19, 2014

Quilty inspiration courtesy of MQX!!

This will be a picture heavy post today.  I spent 5 days at MQX drooling over quilts which in most cases were as awesome on the backside as the front.  Last year I took a photograph with my good digital camera of EVERY quilt which hung at the show and then I took a closeup or 2 or 3.  It took FOREVER!!  Then I bought the memory card stick and it had all the same photographs on it and more.   I had too many classes and not enough time this year plus it was silly knowing I was going to buy the memory stick again anyway so I only snapped a few with my phone if they really moved me while I was gazing.  I discovered that I enjoyed the individual quilts more this way.

Anyway, on to the quilts........These are FRONTS..... I failed at the important job of documenting who these were all created by ( I promise to update it when I get the memory stick as all the information is on the stick)
Guild quilt- quilted by Bethanne Nemish


Gypsy- by Cathy Wiggins


Deb Levy

Deb Levy
Rememberance- Jan Hutchison



Stars on Mars- Pieced by Gail Stepanek, quilted by Jan Hutchison
 These are BACKSIDES!  I sure do love a beautiful backside!!
Stars on Mars- My mother apparently really liked this one too ;)

Margaret Solomon-Gunn

close-up Margaret Solomon-Gunn

Cindy Seitz-Krug

Judy Woodworth

Oscar- Cathy Wiggins ( this one received the Viewers choice award)

Laurie Tigner


The detail in the quilting on these pieces is just Awe inspiring........ You could stand there and look at them for hours!!  These are not your average quilts clearly, and they were all created to be entered into a show.  I am so glad these amazing people share their ART with all of us so we can become inspired!!

Mandy

2 comments:

  1. Remembrance is by Jan Hutchison, Stars on Mars is by Gail Stepanek (quilted by Jan Hutchison)...this is the gray quilt w/pink and orange stars, first quilt is by Bethanne Nemish's guild and quilted by Bethanne, 3rd quilt is Deb Levy's. The one after mine is by Cindy Seitz-Krug. Beyond that I think you have them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I filled them in I believe, there are still a couple without labels if you know them I will be sure to fill them in!

      Delete