Friday, April 18, 2014

Domestic Machine Quilted

Students in my domestic Machine Quilting classes this one is for you!!

There were over 200 hundred quilts at MQX last week, this was just one of them.  However I took the most photos of this beauty so I could share the inspiration this quilt holds with my students in the machine quilting classes......

Golden Ivory Quilted on a Brother QC 1000 was the 2nd place winner in the Large Whole Cloth Class at MQX last week......... It was a HUGE quilt created ALL on a domestic sewing machine.

I couldnt get far enough away to capture the whole quilt with my phone.

It was trully stunning!!  I took MANY MANY close-ups and just stared at it for a long long time.
 She did gold accent thread to highlight the details and it was the PERFECT amount of subtle!

 This entire monster was manuvered thru the throat of a small domestic machine to create details as small as your pinky finger!!



I just couldn't get enough of it, everywhere you looked there was some new surprise!!   Happy exploring and remember this just goes to show you that you can do ANYTHING with a bit of practice (okay a lot of practice)

Get out your machine today and just do it!
Mandy

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful pictures!! You are truly inspirational with motivation for others. I'm very awed by the quilting...and jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to see this quilt in close-up again. I'm so lucky that I have had several classes with Rachelle and love doing FMQ - but .............. I have a long way to go

    ReplyDelete