Wednesday, April 16, 2014

MQX 1- YHQ was well represented!!

Last week I escaped the chaos of home for the Machine Quilters Exposition in Manchester New Hampshire.  This is my FAVORITE show of the year!!  Janet-Lee and Mary have the greatest system to make EVERYTHING perfect at this show!!

Yellow House Quilts had 6 (yes 6) quilts in the show.  I was so excited to find out they all were juried in!!  We didn't receive the coveted email for the winners list but still couldn't wait to get to the show!!

Wed. morning after my first class we popped in and helped hang some of the quilts for the show.  Yes, I got to hang my own!!  That was a FUN peak into the background parts of the show!!
(this is Elaine Reich's entry which I quilted last spring)

After the Awards ceremony we enjoyed PREVIEW night and snuggled up to all our quilts...
This is my original creation "By the light of the moon" inspired by the backing fabric and quilted on a piece of Dupioni silk

This entry which was pieced by Catherine Messenger and quilted by me was in the same room.
This quilt " Not your ordinary 9-Patch" was pieced by my mother Doreen Hares and quilted by me.
This is my original creation "modern ripples" which I pieced and quilted.
This cardinal quilt is the entry of Catherine Messenger and was quilted by me.
And, Lastly- "Jacob's Ladder" pieced by Elaine Reich and quilted by me.

At this show each teacher is given a ribbon to award to their favorite quilt.  My mothers quilt was chosen by Laurie Tigner as her favorite in the show.  Laurie said it just made her happy and she felt like it "just glows with quilty goodness"  I am not certain I could be given a better compliment!!   This is the reaction my mother had when she saw that her quilt was wearing a ribbon.......
Simply PRICELESS if you ask me!!  

It was a WONDERFUL week, check back tomorrow for another post about the classes I took while I was at MQX!!

Happy Quilting
Mandy








No comments:

Post a Comment