Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Meeting new friends, inspiring new quilters!

Yesterday I was a busy bee teaching Machine Quilting 1 and 2 at a shop I hadn't had the pleasure of teaching at yet.  I contacted Trish from Ivy Thimble Quilt shop in Victor NY in late Feb. about teaching there and we set a date to test out interest. Check them out here!!  http://ivythimble.com/  The first date quickly filled up and we set a second date.... that one filled up too!!  Imagine my excitement!! 

I have visited the shop a few times but was pleasantly surprised to find out its just an hour from home.... a quick spin down the thruway and I was there.  The classroom in the new shop is so bright and cheerful and the wall were dressed up with quilts perfect for using to demonstrate ideas thru the day!  Each student recieved a good area to work in and I still had room to walk around behind everyone to help them out.


The students were AWESOME as well!!  Many hadn't really tried this sort of machine quilting before and a few were pretty certain they COULDN'T do what I was teaching but everyone agreed to TRY.......and TRY they DID!!!  The ladies really ROCKED the straight lines and even had fun and made BIG improvements with their free motion quilting when we dropped the feed dogs and got going with the circles and curves!!










I had SOOOO Much fun and I can't wait to go back on May 8th to meet a new group of ladies.  If you want to join me check out the calendar here http://ivythimble.com/Classes.php.  I know the 8th is filled already but there are some new dates being added today so call soon and you can come too!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment