Friday, April 18, 2014

April so far.......



Its already been a busy month in the yellow house!!  Getting many things finished and checking quilts off my to-do list!! Even with a week long escape for inspiration to MQX I still have a number of pretties to show everyone! 


Up first the Raffle quilt that my friends at the "sewday" completed to raise money for the Scipio Fire Department.  They all get together and create a top which I quilt for them each year.  The quilt will be raffled off on Mothers day after the pancake breakfast is complete.

Shhh, this one is a secret, alright so maybe not a secret but I cant show you the front yet.....it was created by Sue Jerva.

This is a picnic quilt made by Darcie Perkins for her grand-daughters to use at their softball games.  It has some issues with fabrics bleeding after a leaky humidifier got in an argument with it so it isnt going to be a prize winning quilt but it is pretty.  I used teh "spring" pantograph from Anne Bright Designs to quilt it and it worked up fast and pretty!!



This beauty is made by Barb Klem.  It was part of a class she took.  When it was complete she didn't really LOVE the quilt, I sure hope she does now that I have blessed it with thread!! I used some things I learned at MQX including new feathers inspired by Jamie Wallen, and Heavy Metal designs from Kim Stotsenburg

What have YOU been up to??
Mandy




No comments:

Post a Comment