Thursday, July 10, 2014

Affinity and new class samples for fall!

I have been teaching Domestic Machine Quilting classes for over a year now.  The Classes are SO much fun!  Each time I finish one the students ask me when I am teaching the next one it seems.  I have now developed 6 classes which get progressively more complex each time.  The classroom samples however have left a bit to be desired.  I sort of wasn't sure how to tackle that at first.  After a year I KNEW it was time for some new ones!!

I decided to redesign them for the roll out of Fall classes and chose beautiful fall colors of solids to create them.  A little bit of strip piecing and I had 6 coordinating little quilts to show off the classes.  After I had pieced the little quilts I set them aside for a bit to get some time to tackle them.  It MUST have been fate because my FAVORITE ( and the only kind I use) thread maker, Fil-tec released new colors in their variegated thread line called Affinity, you can find it here http://www.bobbincentral.com/quilting/top-thread/affinity.html .  To release the new colors they did a little Facebook giveaway, if you could answer the questions correctly you were entered in a drawing to win the color of the day.  I WON!!  My winning color was SUNSET and it is stunning!  I have about 12 colors from their original color selection and had per-ordered one of the newest colors to be released after I received a sample cone of it at market, but I didn't have anything like sunset.

It was the PERFECT color for my new samples, when it arrived I was knee deep in other projects and the first few days of summer vacation for my kids and I couldn't try it out, it was calling to me EVERY TIME I went into my studio and I wanted to try it out so badly.  The time finally came yesterday and it really was PERFECT.  The thread stitched perfectly, and the color changes were absolutely beautiful!!  As I knew it would be the colorway was just perfect for my project and the samples came out stunning I think!!



I still need to put the binding on the little quilts so that I can hang them but they are just perfect!!  I think you should hop on over to http://www.bobbincentral.com/quilting/top-thread/affinity.html  and try a bit on my favorite thread ( they have large cones for Longarmers and smaller cones for domestic quilters).

If you want to take these Domestic Quilting classes with me I will be teaching them at O'Susannahs Quilts and Gifts in Watkins Glen so pop on over to her site http://www.osusannahsquiltshop.com/quilting-clubs.htm and explore the classes I am offering and jump in to learn how to finish your quilts at home on your domestic machine!!

Here are the samples for the 6 classes I will be teaching!
MQ1-Straight lines
MQ2-Circles and Curves
MQ3-Vines and swirls
MQ4-Beginning Feathers
MQ5-Background fillers
MQ6-Fancy Feathers
Don't you want to come and learn how to do this quilting with me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment